Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Meandering in Motion


It's getting busy over here and I feel as though I have been blissfully unaware of the madness that is in front of me.   I've just been so preoccupied with this awesome weather, gardening, welcoming Instagram into my life, checking to see if I have any baking skills (I do, thank you very much!), being a mom and just taking it day by day.  You can't live exclusively in the moment all the time and you must think about the future, but sometimes the future can be exhausting.  Am I right?  So, here I am just floating in my little orbit.  And then it happened - a call from one of my clients asking if 'we are all set.'  "You sure are!" I'm in the future now and I'm ready to hit the road running. 

We are doing  more accounts lately and special arrangements for special folks.  I've been enjoying the last-minute requests to do small designs and non-wedding related events.  It gives me a chance to just be.  To see what's in the market that is fresh, interesting and presently inspiring. 

Below are a few glimpses from some of my favorite designs.  I'll most likely showcase one or two of these photos spotlighting the entire event in a later post, but for now here is a little preview of my meanderings as of late.








 

See you next year Anenomie.

Hey!  How did he get in here?  My son, Jack James.
Pistachio leaf, iris, sweet pea, rosemary, lavender, parrot tulip and amaryllis
I cleaned out the back of our garage and created this.  It's my first nameless home "installation."  I have a massive hosta coming in there on the right and I have since placed some creeping ivy.
 This babe is going to feed my eyes nicely throughout the summer.  





My friend Merida over at Chestnut Honey always guides me softly into the baking abyss.
She recommended that I try this  lemon sour cream cake and it turned out pretty awesome.
 I even took it an extra step, on my own,  and added a lemon icing. You go me!
Speaking of Merida, here is a really cool and earnest interview of her by goodfoodjobs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011 Allow Me Event Design | Design by Studio Chic Design